Basic Confidentiality Policy
Where personal information is required to use or interact with GEMOTT.COM, it is our policy that this information – such as your name, postal or email address, or telephone number — is private and confidential. The personal information you provide to GEMOTT.COM is stored in a secure location, accessible only by appropriate staff, and is used for the purposes set forth in this policy, such as to process your order, reply to a question, or to send requested materials.
Information Collected. We collect two types of information from visitors to GEMOTT.COM: (1) Personal information; and (2) Non-Personal Information, such as your IP address or cookies.
“Personal information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, or email address. GEMOTT.COM collects and stores the personal information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your personal information on GEMOTT.COM:
We will collect your first and last name, email address, and postal address when you make a purchase from GEMOTT.COM;
We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question;
We collect your first and last name, postal address, and billing information if you make a purchase through our site; and
We may collect your device ID number when you interact with GEMOTT.COM using a mobile device.
The above list provides an example of the personal information that may be collected from you on GEMOTT.COM. If you do not want GEMOTT.COM to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
“Non-Personal Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, ZIP code, or other geolocation data, or interests. Non-personal information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personal information that is collected via GEMOTT.COM and a description of how this information is used:
Internet Protocol (IP) address — Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the web pages you view. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our website to the interests of our users, and to measure traffic within our Sites.
Cookies are text files sent by Web servers to Web browsers and are stored on the user’s computer or mobile device. If the browser is loading a page and the server requests the information stored in the cookie, the cookie is sent back to the server.
Cookies contain data about the user’s activities on the website and can be used by Web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will remain valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user). A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session when the Web browser is closed.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies the user, but information that we store about the user may be linked by us to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
GEMOTT.COM websites use the information we obtain from people’s use of our website through cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognize the user’s computer when the user visits the website.
- To track some user actions during website navigation.
- To improve the website’s usability.
- To analyze the use of the website.
- To administer the website.
- To report click-through data to our advertisers.
When users visit GEMOTT.COM websites third-party cookies may be sent to their computers by GEMOTT.COM’s advertisers or service providers.
- They may use the information obtained from these cookies:
- To track users browsing across multiple websites.
- To build profiles of users’ Web surfing.
- To target advertisements that may be of particular interest to users.
Most browsers allow users to refuse to accept cookies.
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options,” “Under the hood” and Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can block cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Block cookies.”
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to log on, access content or use search functions, for example.
Users can also delete cookies already stored on their computers:
- In Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files.
- In Firefox, you can delete cookies by first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools,” “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options,” “Under the hood,” and Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can delete cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the “Privacy” tab and selecting “Remove All Website Data.”
Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Demographic Information — “Demographic Information” may be your gender, age, ZIP code or geolocation data, and/or interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on GEMOTT.COM. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by GEMOTT.COM meets your needs.
Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personal information. The above list provides an example of the non-personal information that is collected via GEMOTT.COM.
Use of Information Collected Via GEMOTT.COM
We use your personal information that is collected on GEMOTT.COM primarily for the following purposes:
- To process your order and, if necessary, to contact you regarding the status of your order;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To ensure GEMOTT.COM is relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To contact you regarding additional services and features;
- To request your feedback about your experience with GEMOTT.COM;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of GEMOTT.COM.
Non-personal information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal information with personal information.
Release of Information to Third Parties
Personal information collected as a function of GEMOTT.COM will not be released to third parties except to further the purpose for which you provided and in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to purchase items from us, we may have to share your postal address with shipping carriers like UPS, USPS, or FedEx.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on GEMOTT.COM’s behalf.
- To complete your order. If you choose to make a purchase on GEMOTT.COM, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address, and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personal information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of GEMOTT.COM or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from our website. In the course of such verification, we may receive personal information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
Children Under 13
GEMOTT.COM does not knowingly target children under the age of 13 and we do not collect personal information from any child under the age of 13. In the event we learn that such information has been provided to GEMOTT.COM, we will delete or destroy it.
Third Party Websites and Advertisers
GEMOTT.COM may also permit advertisers, third-party ad networks, or other advertising companies to serve advertisements on GEMOTT.COM Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to GEMOTT.COM or other sites (such as through cookies and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which Web pages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices please click here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
We communicate with our members on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, members cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communications from us, such as messages or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on GEMOTT.COM or if you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties. For emails, you may opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of an email. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. If you have elected to receive notices to your mobile device via text message, you may opt-out by replying “STOP” to such a mobile message. You may receive a confirmatory text message in response to your “STOP” request and you hereby consent to the receipt of such confirmation.
WEBSITE SECURITY POLICY
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to GEMOTT.COM is done at your own risk. However, GEMOTT.COM uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its website, email and mailing lists. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring, and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction.
Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. Purchaser information is a high priority and we use our own protective measures, as well as the abilities of our software and hardware vendors.
We realize there can be incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions, as almost every website, service, and user encounters. In those instances, our goals are to move quickly to isolate the problem, ensure or restore proper functionality and minimize any inconvenience to our users. When appropriate and necessary, GEMOTT.COM will notify the relevant authorities of these incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions of the GEMOTT.COM website.
In the event that all or part of our assets is sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal and non-personal information collected via GEMOTT.COM.
Please email any problems or questions to us using the form on our CONTACT
page, Open a support ticket or simply contact us on Telegram: https://t.me/stxott
While we may not be able to respond to every report, we take each report seriously and will investigate it thoroughly.